Thursday, February 7, 2008

Reconnecting


Isn't life funny? I've been thinking a lot lately about family and friends that I haven't been in touch with for a long time.

I joined classmates.com not long ago. More out of curiosity than anything. Shortly after, I received an email from Jim. He and his family had lived next door to us for years when I was younger. He was a few years older than me and was really one of the last people I expected to hear from. Nice surprise there. He sounds as if he's doing well.

Then I was on MySpace and discovered an old friend from when I lived in Ohio. Rob was my manager at my job at Rite Aid and a real friend in every sense of the word. He helped me through a rough patch in my life and I will never forget him.

Then, yesterday, I got another email from Classmates. My sister, Tracy, had joined and had sent me her email address. I have been thinking a lot about her in particular lately. We have been out of touch for such a long time. I have missed her. I will not lose touch with her again.

So, this has been my week for reconnections. People who are VERY important to me and old friends from the past. Sometimes I feel like a forgotten person. I have been reminded that I'm not.

1 comment:

John said...

Nan,

It's always nice to hear about Classmates.com members discovering friends and revitalizing friendships. Thanks for sharing your stories.

John
Classmates.com